Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ways to Make E-Couponing More Cost Effective

E-Couponing doesn't require the purchasing of newspapers & there are thousands of coupons available at your fingertips.  Sites like coupons.com, redplum.com, smartsource.com & others readily offer free coupons with just the touch of a button.  While I love finding coupons online I've found e-couponing can sometimes be an extremely wasteful way to get coupons.  Here are a few tricks I've learned to cut down on my waste.


Re-Use Paper--Save printer paper from school, the office, or assorted newsletters & print on the back side.  I never pay for the paper I print coupons with & it's a great recycling technique.  Win for the environment & my wallet.

Adjust Your Printer Settings--I print my coupons in draft mode & in grayscale.  It helps my ink last a lot longer & I've never had a coupon that didn't scan.

Print What You'll Use--Resist the temptation to print coupons haphazardly unless you are totally brand loyal & don't care about getting bottom price.  Instead use websites like Moneysavingmom.com or  KrazyCouponLady.com to find weekly store specific deals & links to e-coupons to maximize savings.  I've found if I look at sales & THEN print my coupons I rarely end up having them expire.

Look Before You Shop-- If you are brand dependent & want something specific, take a second to look at the manufacturer's website.  The majority of the time I end up finding a coupon & I've found this to be a worthwhile effort. 

Hit The Back Button--Many coupon printers will allow you to print two coupons if you hit the back button on your browser.  If you're taking the time to print the coupon it's worth the effort to see if you can get an additional coupon for your trouble.

Turn the Page Around--Before you hit the back button, turn the paper around so the coupon prints on the blank bottom half.  Just another way to save paper.   

Get rewarded for using coupons-- If you use Swagbucks print coupons for their website.  They're identical to coupons.com & once redeemed each coupon is worth 10 swagbucks!

E-couponing can be a great way to save money & I've found I can make my money go even further by being careful how I use them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment