Friday, September 14, 2012

Increasing Food Prices



The USDA has recently stated that this summer's drought will most certainly drive up the cost of food in 2013.  In an effort to prevent feeling that increase I've been trying to stock up on non-perishables.  I've gotten a good supply of dried beans, whole wheat flour, whole wheat pasta, dried fruit, & canned (from my gram's garden) & frozen veggies.

Admittedly, reports like this make me feel a little nervous, but I have high hopes that with a little crafty shopping in the coming months we'll be in good shape.  Rather than being paranoid, I figure I'm just being prepared.  Right?!

Anyone else nervous about raising food prices?

1 comment:

  1. I am also nervous! I enjoy all your frugal living ideas! Be sure to follow me back at manemade.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete