Friday, February 11, 2011

Frugal Friday

Yesterday, I had a wonderful surprise in the mail:  Our first Dolly Parton Imagination Library Book!  If you've never heard of this program before you can get more details here; but simply put, it is a program that will send your child a free book each month until the age of five.


I signed up for the program clear in October, so it certainly took some time to get enrolled, but I am so happy we are!  The book is beautiful, hardback, childhood magic.  I can't wait to see what next month's book is.



We also recently set up the AeroGarden we received as a wedding present.  This was the present from our registry that I most earnestly desired, and I am just now getting around to using it.  Whoops.


Anyway, we planted some cherry tomato seed pods and they are starting to sprout!


I am a proud Mama!


Also, I also finally assembled my wine oil lamp.  I found the components back while we lived in Indiana at Oliver Winery, and have yet to actually use it.  It recycles (yay!) a wine bottle into an oil lamp.


The cork and wick cost me $4, while the hurricane was a little more pricey at $12.  It is definitely not a cheap project, but it is certainly cheaper than the Amish oil lamps I'm used to.  If you don't have a winery near you, you can find these at winelight.com.


I used a bottle from wine we served at our wedding.  I like that it will remind us of that wonderful day, but still serve a purpose.  Or at least it will as soon as I get some lamp oil.  :)

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment