Thursday, February 24, 2011

Saving Energy Indian Style

To bring my week of sharing about the wonders of all things Indian to a close, I wanted to share something I was particularly impressed by during our stay--the way they set up their electricity use.  

Here in the main panel of light switches in our room in Pune.  (I was too jet lagged to get a picture of it in our room in Mumbai).


In order for the lights to work at all, you have to insert your room key for power.  How cool is that?


I know I'm particularly awful about accidentally leaving things on when I leave a hotel room, and this completely prevents such energy waste.


Also, all outlets have an on/off switch, so you can turn off the circuit to prevent the use of phantom energy!   I am so disappointed that my house wasn't designed like this!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment