Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thrift Shop Mishaps

Last summer, before I pledged not to buy any new clothes for a year, I bought this little sweater at Once Upon a Child on summer clearance.  I was so excited by the $1 price tag I didn't look it over closely.  Mistake.  Big mistake.  The sweater that had 7 button holes only had 4 buttons.  Yikes.  Sometimes buying used totally bites you in the butt.


Though I save my miscellaneous buttons, I couldn't find enough clear buttons to match the original buttons, but I could find 3 white buttons.  I figured, if I was going mismatched, I might as well go all the way with it, so I also used a darker thread to match the periwinkle stripe.


It took a little bit of time to move/replace/resew all of the buttons, but I think the end result came out really well.


And Emerson and her daddy were quite happy as well!

1 comment: