Monday, March 1, 2010

And So It Begins...

This blog is truly a long time coming. It's something that I've always talked about doing, but have yet to put my money where my mouth is. I currently find myself with a bit more free time; in a manner of speaking, I'm at home on maternity leave, so I thought I'd jump in head first.

I certainly do not claim to be a frugal living expert; nor, an environmental expert. I realize that some of my personal choices tend lean more toward being frugal than environmental, or vice versa, but I've learned a lot over the past few years, and thought it might be helpful to share.

I've grown up with an appreciation for a good bargain. It is not uncommon to hear at a family Christmas, "Guess how much I paid for that...$2! 75% off!" My mother is the queen of clearance sales, and my father is perhaps Goodwill's number one patron. It is with that spirit that I have tried to become a good steward of my finances, as well as always keeping an eye out for a deep discount, sample, or freebie.

I can't wait to get started...

Alison

1 comment: