Monday, April 8, 2013

Extend the Life of Your Shower Curtain


I usually buy our shower curtain liners for a dollar, but that doesn't mean I don't want them to last as long as possible.  Once our curtain gets to the point that mildew has taken over, rather than spending ages scrubbing, I simply trim the curtain.


Rather than cut it perfectly, I bunch the curtain, find the stopping point of the mildew, & cut. 


While the curtain is a little jagged it's no worse for wear & this process can be repeated until the curtain is too short to stay in the tub.  Also, if a hole at the top rips, simply use a hole punch to punch another hole.  Using these methods, I only have to replace our liners once a year, saving money & saving trash.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Did you know you can throw most shower curtains in the wash? Also, have you checked out this blog: www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com ? I think you'll appreciate many of her tips :). Her sister writes a blog about Essential Oils and I get lots of good info from her. I went ahead and signed up with doTERRA and am moving our family away from otc's and Rx's as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya, I've checked out her blog & it's got such fun tips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete