I try to spend as little as possible on groceries & I've found the most effective way to do that is to stock up when things are at their rock bottom prices. This week when I went shopping these were the things I stocked up on:
- This was a rare trip & against my usual method of spending $1/box of cereal, but JC & Emerson both love "waisin bwan", so I made an exception. The cereal was on sale for $1.99, I bought 8 boxes, & after a coupon paid $1.87 a box.
- Boca Chick'n Patties were on special for $2.89 (they're usually in the $3-$3.50 range at other places), so I bought 6 boxes.
- The pretzels were on markdown for $.89 a bag, so I bought 4. I have been getting pretzels at the Dollar Tree, so saving the trip & paying less was exciting.
- 3 bottles of pure vanilla--marked down from $3.69 to $1.84
- Almond extract--originally $3.69 now $1.84
- Bay Leaves--clearanced from $2.99 to $1.48
- Walnuts--reduced from $7.99 to $3.98 for a pound.
- And the shoes...well, how could I resist such a cutie pie pair of flats, especially when they were only $4.48, down from $15!