Friday, July 22, 2011

On My Mind--Paper Purge

This week I'm joining Rhonda, over at Down to Earth in a Friday photo of what is on my mind. 
Yesterday I began cleaning out our attic.  Yes, I realize this is not the brightest of ideas in 107 degree weather, but I saw an opportunity, so I took it. 

To the left is the fruit of my labor--That's an overflowing 40 gallon recycle bin, plus a big box of paper, & a paper grocery sack.  Believe it or not I'm still not done, but I've made a dent. 

I ended up recycling most of my teaching materials & college notes.  I felt a little that I was throwing my college education in the bin, but I figured the likelyhood of me ever using the exact same materials again is slim.  Better off headed to to the recycle plant. 

What's on your mind this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alison, that's a great step forward, and on such a hot day! I think you should get double points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Rhonda - DOUBLE points to you for tackling such a job in this heat. We are getting a sprinkling of rain and our temp has dropped from 100* to 91* in the last 30 minutes. HAPPY HOUSEHOLD PURGE!

    ReplyDelete