Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eating Out of the Pantry: World's Easiest Supper


Tonight I was tired after cleaning up around the house and didn't have much energy to put toward supper.  I decided to revist a meal I made a lot when I was a poor college kid and often only had groceries my mother had given me. 


Supplies:  Brown Rice, Black Beans, Corn, Tomatoes with Chilies

 Steam rice according to directions.  Dump in a bowl.  Open black beans and corn, drain and rinse.  Add tomatoes and chilies with sauce. 
 Combine thoroughly.


There is no need to heat the beans and corn, as the heat of the rice will warm them up.  Sprinkle with cheddar or Mexican blend cheese and eat!
 

This meal can be made in about 7 minutes or less depending on how long it takes to steam your rice.  Fast, delicious, and nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment