Thursday, October 28, 2010

Inexpensive Child Gift Wrap

I know that newsprint has long been a frugal gift wrap staple. While the jury is still out as to whether it is a social faux pas, it is something that I use occasionally. I like to use newspaper as wrapping when the gift is "given" by a child or is a child's present.  Here are two examples of how I made newspaper wrapping paper work for me. 



 This was Emerson's present to her Nana on Mother's Day.  I glued a sticky note as the gift tag (N for Nana).


The other present was for the daughter of some of our friends.  Amelee was turning one, so again I glued a sticky note down as the gift tag and wrapped it in some left over red Christmas ribbon. 

I think both presents looked festive and child like and best of all the wrapping was resourceful and free!

No comments:

Post a Comment