Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cloth Wipe Update

After about a week of using cloth wipes, I thought I would update as to how it is working. 



*  I do not like using wash cloths as wipes.  They feel too abrasive and they're also quite bulky. 
* It is much easier to use wipes that are already wet.  I just make up a small tub of about 10 wipes or so, every other day.  It doesn't get musty, and it's a lot faster when changing a little squirmy worm.
* In our house, cloth wipes are for Number 1 only.  lol
* Flannel will fray, so after you cut your receiving blankets hem them; it's much easier to do when they're still nice and flat from being freshly cut.  Also, it's a great way to practice you sewing skills without the end result really mattering.  I haven't sewn since my pillow project in middle school home ec, so it was nice to get a refresher.
*  Too much olive oil is just slippery and kind of gross.  1 tsp is plenty.
* An added bonus:  The wipe solution helps mask other lovely odors hanging out the diaper pail.

We'll still have to purchase some disposable wipes, but for now I am loving using cloth.  Try it, maybe you'll like it!

1 comment: