Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Green Bookshelf

I truly enjoy reading and researching green living.  While there are many more technical books out there, I tend to stick to more light fare, as I often don't have long spans of time to sit and read.  Here are a few green living books that I particularly enjoy. 


Simply Green Parties by Danny Seo:  I picked this book up at a publisher's clearing house and I am so thankful I did.  Not only is it filled with great ideas for entertaining, it also has many fabulous ideas for home decor as well. It is beautifully designed and filled with pictures of his how to projects; I appreciate a visual to inspire new ideas. Danny Seo is the Martha Stewart of green living. 


1,001 Ways to Save the Earth by Joanna Yarrow:  This book is fabulous!  It is laid out with brief suggestions in bold, so it is perfect to skim through, or peruse when you do not have a lot of time to dedicate to reading. The ideas run the gamut from wiping dust off your light bulbs to using lavender and thyme to fight dandruff.  This is a great book no matter your level of interest in green living.  It has something for everyone.


Sara Snow's Fresh Living by Sarah Snow:  This is a great book if you have more time to devote to reading about green living.  Snow has a very encouraging voice and has a sort of do-what-you-can-where-you-can approach to environmentalism that I appreciate.  She also details her childhood growing up on a zero impact family compound that sounds like absolute utopia.  She breaks her book down in to very approachable chapters so you can choose where you would like to begin making changes, which is also helpful.

All of these books are great resources and have been helpful in my life. 

But you don't have to take my word for it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment