Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unfashionable Fashions

During  the winter I do anything to keep my heating bills down.  We normally keep the thermostat between 67 and 68.  I do this purely to save money.  I hate winter.  I don't think it should be allowed to be a season.  I am cold all the time normally, so winter just exacerbates my poor circulation.  

Today I was cold, as usual, and went searching in the closet for another layer and found my beloved poncho.  I bought it years ago when it was fashionable for a nanosecond, but have never been able to part with it.  I LOVE it.  I know it does about as much for my figure as a mumu, but I don't care.  It is so comfy and it is made out of a beautiful marbled purple yarn.  I thought this love had faded over time, but trying it on again today, it rekindled that old flame.  Not only is my poncho warm like a blanket, it is also amazing for nursing too!  It's a Snuggie, a Hooter Hider, and a sweater all in one.  How amazing.      



Fashion Faux Paux's be damned, this is true love and the poncho is here to stay. 

(At least in the privacy of my own home).

No comments:

Post a Comment