Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Use It Up, Wear It Out...


 

 Use It Up, Wear It Out, Make It Do, Do Without.  Have you heard this World War II adage?  I adore this saying.  I love that at one time it was one's patriotic duty to use creativity in making things last. In such a throw away society it is often a challenge to even think up ways to give items a second life.  


Let me introduce you to my first born, Pippin.  Isn't he just precious?  When I first got Pip as a young puppy he was an extremely zealous chewer.  He loved to chew up anything and everything.


Meet Pippin's handiwork.  Except times this by about fifteen.  My lovely lil Pippi Kangaroo got so excited in his youth that he made our blanket look like it was shot with an AK-47.  This was quite disappointing as this blanket is a warm snugly fleece and is perfect for fall weather.  This poor shredded blanket has been sitting in my closet for the past 3 years.  I decided that this was unacceptable and keeping in the spirit of "use it up, wear it out, make it do, do without"...I decided to make it do.  Like Dr. Frankenstein creating his monster, I quite gruesomely, yet lovingly sewed up every single hole in my blanket (while watching trashy reality tv on Hulu).

 


It's certainly not gorgeous, but it will work very well under our comforter and will provide warmth, and that is all I really care about.  

Welcome back blanket, we've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment