Saturday, August 6, 2011

On My Mind--A Day Late

Rhonda over at The Frugal Home does an On My Mind series on Friday.  I fell asleep before I could post my version, so forgive my tardiness. 


On my mind this week is this blanket I knitted when I was pregnant with Emerson.  Those white pieces of yarn coming out are some Lions Brand Suede yarn that I got at Big Lots for $1.50 a skein.  I took the blanket you see above apart & reknitted it, hoping that all I needed was to pay attention & a tighter stitch.  Unfortunately I'm mostly done with blanket number two & that dang yarn is doing the same pulled out curly thing.  After trying to knit this blanket twice with the same materials it is clear to me that despite my inferior knitting skills, the problem with the yarn, not the knitter.  Clearly there was a reason why the yarn was so cheap.  Ugh.  Hopefully I can pull it apart & finish it AGAIN (without the suede yarn) by Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment