Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thank You Vick's

Emerson has been sick & cranky & woke up every 2 hours last night.  She's got a cold, she's teething, & last night she ran a low grade fever.  The unfortunate side effect from this is that a tired & cranky child can lead to a completely worn out & scatter brained mother.  (I lost the keys of our car today, inside the car, after I had unlocked it.  I have no idea that was even possible).



Today I felt so exhausted that when it came time for bed I was desperate for a better plan of attack than Ora-jel & Benadryl; especially because they failed so miserably last night. Then I remembered an article I had saved from a parenting magazine about natural & unconventional home remedies.  The remedy for colds is simple: put Vick's Vapor Rub on your child's feet, cover them with socks, & then put the child to bed.  I have to say I was somewhat skeptical, but equally desperate, so I went ahead & tried it.

It's been 3 hours since E went down & so far she's only woken up once, & that was because she was hot.  Last night she would have been up 5 times by now.   I'm pretty convinced it's the Vick's & I have to say I'll definitely be trying this myself my next cold. 

 Here's hoping the Vick's continues to work &  I get some sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, we are going through the same thing! With 2 of my girls!
    I've heard of this, but thought it wouldn't work. Now I'm so going to try it!

    Here's to a good nights rest!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm sorry to say I got mixed results. The first night E slept better. Last night she woke up just as frequently. Hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete