Friday, August 26, 2011

The Problem With a Stockpile--Over Stuffed Pantry Syndrome


I'm always on the look out for a bargain & groceries are no exception, so when I find something at a cheap price, I buy a lot.  After grossly over-estimating the amount of canned vegetables we would need this year, I have been left with a pantry that has slowly gotten more & more cramped.  


The main problem is our pantry is very small & under our attic stairs, which means you basically have to crouch on all fours to get things in & out.  So usually after a shopping trip the outside of our pantry is cluttered with bags & no where to put our groceries.  Needless to say, I have been putting this off...


After about an hour of extreme organization & rearranging our pantry actually became functional.  I don't have any room to put anything else on the shelves,  but that's probably a blessing, because we really don't need anything.


I'm going to look for another 3 shelf plastic storage system someday, but for now everything is properly put away, even our emergency water supply.


Perhaps the biggest bonus from all this cleaning is that Emerson discovered our little pantry is just her size & makes for the perfect hiding place!  All & all not bad for a day's work. 

4 comments:

  1. Stockpiling can be so addictive for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had your problem! I love stockpiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you had rolling storage then you could put several units inside, close together. Just roll them out when you need to get something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laurie,

    You're so right! I need to get some more. Hopefully I'll get some on a good sale shortly.

    ReplyDelete