Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

I'm not one to be into material things--shocker I'm sure.  When it comes to Easter, we're much more into celebrating Jesus' life & death, & spending time with family, than buying a $20 chocolate bunny for Emerson to eat.  Keeping simplicity in mind here was E's Easter basket. 


Her basket is actually my childhood Easter basket,  complete with a lamb Beanie Baby from back in the day, hair clips I made for her, and the only thing we actually spent money on, a Little Golden Book about a bunny, a duck, & an egg that we bought at a Goodwill in Tulsa for 50 cents. 


 The barrettes were made with clips I've had since middle school, ribbon saved from gifts, flowers & woodland creatures bought with a Christmas gift card, & saved buttons from assorted clothing, & a hot glue gun bought with said gift card. These cost me nothing out of pocket & look just darling on E. 


Of course on Easter morning E mostly cared about her eggs & boxes of raisins that her great Gram gave to her. 


And I was proud that the sweet little Ralph Lauren dress that I splurged on while I was pregnant ($8 at the resale shop) was actually able to be used as an Easter dress as I had hoped while hugely preggo.


 I hope you had a lovely day with your family & loved ones.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment