Tuesday, November 1, 2011

You Can't Take It With You


So my uncle died.  We've been expecting it (he had terminal cancer)...sometime...in the future...and it just happened, quite suddenly.  It's one of those things where I felt relief that he's no longer suffering, but selfishly heartbroken. 

When it came to thinking of what to write about my uncle Ron, the most impressive thing I could think was that he lived a very simple life.  He was a man of immense faith, was very generous, & always believed that God would provide for him.  He didn't worry about or attempt to acquire many possessions.  He was just happy with what he had.  As long as he was surrounded by people he loved, telling long winded stories, he was content. 

More than anything I find my uncle's contentment inspiring.  I tend to obsess about things & worry instead of taking a moment to have the faith that it will all work out as it's meant to.  I need to remind myself that he died without much to his name & was one of that happiest people I ever knew.  And that, is a life lesson I could certainly benefit from learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment