Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Best $64 I Ever Spent

I am an extremely awful housekeeper.  Awful.  I try, I really do, but it seems as soon as I get something clean, I turn my back and it's dirty again.  The biggest bane of my housekeeping efforts have been our wood floors.  I could sweep them every single day of my life and they would still have dust bunnies. 

Enter my new best friend:  The iRobot Roomba.  For those of you who have never heard of such wonderfulness:  this is a vacuum.  The world's most AWESOME vacuum.  It is a self propelled, Jetson's style, Rosey the Robot vacuum.


Our old vacuum has been broken for a while now, and while perusing our local Target, JC happened upon this sucker ON CLEARANCE!  My absolute favorite!!!  This bad boy was once $129 and we got it for the low low price of $64.  I assumed it wasn't going to work very well, but I figured it was worth a shot.

We brought it home, and tried it out on a Sunday morning.  We left for church and left the Roomba going in the living room...and came home to a spotless floor!  It's better than having a maid!  It doesn't clean at all like a normal person (it goes around in circles, goes off diagonally, etc) but it is super effective.  It goes under couches, beds, it gets corners, it does the dishes...I. am. loving. it. Amazing.

After trying it for a few weeks I feel safe recommending it to you lovely readers.  I have read on other blogs that it is on clearance nationwide at Target, so if you are in the market for a Jetson's like robotic vacuum, the iRobot is your gal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment