Monday, March 28, 2011

Meet Grandma

I believe in relishing in the kitch of childhood for as long a possible.  My going to grandma's suitcase is still my favorite way to travel.  Unfortunately it is too petite to fit any of my clothes, but it makes the perfect train case.


Not only do I not like to buy toiletries, I also don't like to buy the small bags that keep all of my petite little sample sizes organized.  I've tried to reuse as many little things as possible to keep everything organized.  Let me show you...


This held a Kiss My Face gift from my mom & dad.  It comes in so handy for holding larger travel sized items.
 

This little container was from a sample from a pharmaceutical company I believe.  


Our travel sized first aid kit is held in an old Strawberry Short Cake Band-Aid container,


While hair accessories are held in an old Altoid tin. 

 

I've found this way of traveling with samples to be highly effective, and using my grandma suitcase always makes me smile.  If you have any tiny suitcases, or find a vintage train case in an antique store, I highly recommend using samples and found/reused containers.

1 comment:

  1. I love that suitcase! What a great way to keep things nice and neat.

    ReplyDelete