Thursday, March 17, 2011

Inspiration

Occasionally I get in a rut.  Occasionally I just don't feel like doing chores around the house, being frugal, or being green.  Occasionally, I just feel like forgetting all of the little extras that I do that take time, but save energy, or money.  It always seems that just about the time that I feel that way I find some little gem to keep me going.  Here are a few that I've really been enjoying this week. 


Check out the Johnson family here.  They live a zero waste lifestyle, meaning they create absolutely no garbage.  It is truly amazing. 


The make the conscious effort to primarily eliminate waste before it ever enters their home, meaning, bringing glass jars to the deli counter, using compostable toothbrushes, & keeping produce in lingere bags.  I thought that I was making green efforts, but to see the minuscule amount of waste their family of four produces really gets me thinking about my choices.  Awesome, seriously, awesome.




Photo Credit:  Down To Earth

Another blog that I've been enjoying is Down to Earth.  It is written by an Australian woman, who is newly retired, but an old hat at homemaking.  She and her husband live a green, self sustaining life, filled with the glorious comforts of yester-year.  Rhonda keeps chickens (chooks as she calls them), has a MASSIVE garden, knits her own dishcloths, makes her own soap, and cooks from scratch.  She is a BIG believer in doing things the way our grandparents or great grandparents did; work hard, and reap the many awesome benefits of doing things the old fashioned way.  I can't tell you how inspired I am by her lifestyle. 

When you're feeling run down, where do you get your inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment